While I cannot provide real-time information as an AI language model, I can give you a general overview of some notable cases of fraud in the online gambling industry. However, please note that the information may not be up-to-date or represent the top 10 cases for this year. It is always important to stay informed through reliable news sources for the latest fraud cases. Here are some examples of notable fraud cases in the past:
1. Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Scandal: In 2007, an insider at these online poker sites was found to be using a software flaw to cheat players out of millions.
2. Full Tilt Poker: In 2011, Full Tilt Poker was charged with fraud and money laundering for misusing player funds to pay executives and board members.
3. Lock Poker: In 2015, Lock Poker was accused of fraud and failing to pay out player winnings, leading to its closure and leaving many players unpaid.
4. Pinnacle Sports Scam: In 2015, an employee of the betting site Pinnacle Sports stole customer information and used it to conduct fraudulent transactions.
5. 5Dimes Money Laundering: In 2016, the owner of 5Dimes, a popular online sportsbook, was accused of money laundering and illegal gambling activities.
6. BetOnSports: In 2006, the U.S. Department of Justice shut down BetOnSports and charged its CEO with RICO violations and fraud for illegally taking bets from U.S. residents.
7. ZeekRewards Ponzi Scheme: Though not strictly an online gambling case, ZeekRewards was a massive Ponzi scheme that involved online auctions and gambling-like activities, defrauding investors of millions.
8. Ad Surf Daily: Similar to ZeekRewards, Ad Surf Daily was an online advertising platform that turned out to be a Ponzi scheme, defrauding thousands of participants.
9. BetUS Scam: There have been numerous complaints and accusations of fraud against the online sportsbook BetUS, including non-payment of winnings and unethical business practices.
10. Action 24/7 License Suspension: In 2021, Tennessee suspended the sports betting operator Action 24/7’s license due to potential fraud, money laundering, and regulatory violations.
These are just a few examples, and it’s essential to stay updated with current news to know about any recent cases.